- Statistics and Error Analysis ss2015
- Lecturer: Prof. Dr. R. Schlitzer
This course teaches basic concepts of mathematical statistics and error calculation, as needed for a rigorous and sound evaluation of environmental data. The following topics are covered in the course:
· Random variables and probability
· Special distribution and density functions
· Expectation values
· Covariance and correlation
· Error propagation
· Statistical tests
P. R. Bevington, Data Reduction and Error Analysis for the Physical Sciences, McGraw-Hill, 1969.
L. Sachs, Applied Statistics: A Handbook of Techniques, Springer, 1982
H. von Storch and F. W. Zwiers, Statistical Analysis in Climate Research, Cambridge University Press, 1999.